Instant Upma mix | Instant Rava upma mix | How to make instant rava upma mix at home
Instant Upma mix | instant Rava mix
Make this instant upma at home anytime you want and enjoy a warm and comforting meal. When those sudden hunger pangs bite you and you have nothing to cook or say no energy to stand and prepare a meal just add some boiling water add this upma mix and it’s ready to eat.
This instant upma mix came really handy for a delicious meal. This recipe is from my friend Aparajitha Rajagopalan famously known as Kaapidaw in Instagram.
If you try any of my recipes don’t tag me on Instagram @wompindiacooks or do comment below. I would love to see your creations from my space.
- Sooji/Bombay Rava – 3 cups
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Chana dal – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10-15 nos(chopped)
- Green chillies – 8-9( you can add less/more)
- Curry leaves – Handful
- Salt to taste.
- Roast the rava 5-6 minutes in medium flame. Keep mixing and roast the rava properly. It’s raw smell should go off. Switch off the flame and take the rava to the plate.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal and cashew nuts. Sauté until dal and cashew nuts starts to turn golden. Keep the flame low to medium till you roast. Make sure no dals are burnt.
- Add finely chopped green chillies, curry leaves(u can add ginger as well I have not added here).
- To this mixture add the roasted rava and required salt and mix it well.
- Let the mixture cool down completely.
* Store it in air tight box or ziplock cover and refrigerate it. It stays good for months.
To make Rava upma:
- Boil 2.5 cups of water and when the water comes to roll boil,add 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil. Simmer the flame completely and add 1 cup of rava mix. Mix well without lumps and check for taste. Add salt if needed.
- Cover and cook the upma for 2-3 minutes. Open the lid, mix well and again cover cook for another 2 minutes.
- Rava upma mix – 1 cup
- Water – 2.5 cups
- Coconut oil or vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- When you are making rava upma you can add vegetables like green peas, finely chopped carrot. I usually add green peas .
- Adjust the quantity of green chilli as per your preference.
- Add more cashews and dals if u like.
- Roast the rava properly to increase the shelf life of this mix.
- Adding ghee for tampering gives you a nice flavour for the upma while it cooks.
- Don’t forget to store the rava properly and refrigerate it. Use a clean spoon to handle.
If you try any of my recipes do tag me on Instagram @wompindiacooks or do comment below. I would love to see your creations from my space.