Mango Gojju / Mavinkayi Gojju
When Mango season is here Mango Gojju is a must in every Indian Home. This Tangy Spicy Gojju can be just made in 30mins and shelf life is 2 to 3 weeks when refrigerated. But I’m sure it won’t lasts so long 😬. This is Recipe from my mom kitchen 🙂
Serve Mavinkayi gojju with steamed rice, Chapathi, Idly, rotti and parathas.
* 1big raw Mango , peeled and chopped
* 2 tsp of coriander seeds
* 2 onions (roughly chopped)
* 10-12 cloves of garlic
* 4-5 nos of fenugreek seeds
* 1 tsp of cumin seeds
* 1/4 of turmeric
* 10 red spicy chilli
* 2-3 dried chilli
* Salt to taste
For tampering/ seasoning:
* 5-6 tsp of oil
* 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
* Curry leaves
* Pinch of asafoetida/ hing.
1. In a pre heated pan, dry roast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chilli for 20seconds.
2. Remove from stove and cook to room temperature and dry grind them don’t add water.
3. To a mixer add the roasted items, 2 roughly chopped onions, 10 cloves of garlic, turmeric and make a smooth paste.
4. Also add in roughly chopped raw mango or size according to your wish and make a paste.
5. Now in a pan add 5-6 tsp of oil add the ground paste and mango paste, jaggery and salt to taste.
6. Sauté on low flame for 5-10min till raw taste of masala goes away and oil oozes out of the gojju. Switch off the flame.
7. For seasoning in a small kadai, oil ,mustard seeds, pinch of hing and curry leaves.
8. Add seasoning to gojju and mix well and Mavinkayi Gojju is ready to enjoy.
* Store it in jar once it’s cooled tom room temperature. Stays good for months when refrigerated. Tases Awesome with Chapathi rotti, steamed rice, parathas, Dosa, Idly.
* Don’t add fenugreek seeds more nos as it will give bitter taste.
* I have used sour mango so jaggery is must if you are using slightly sweet mango u can skip jaggery and add tamarind pulp.
Let me know if you guys try and enjoy it. Would love to hear feedback from you all on this. If you try please or kindly post ur comment below in comment section or post it with due courtesy in Instagram. It will be really helpful for me and happy to see your feedbacks.